Thursday, September 7, 2017

Reconciliation

When I was a tweenager, my cousin, Brint, carried a poem around in his wallet.  I believe his was “Still Here,” by Langston Hughes.  Naturally, I decided I should find a poem of my own to carry around and before long, dad printed one in the church bulletin.  There was no profundity in my choice, but God has used that poem many times in my life to shake me awake to the reality of sin, peel me off the floor after I’ve been broken, and warm my heart when darkness loomed heavily.  I’ll leave the poem here for you and hope that it brings you closer to The Father:

“Reconciliation”  By: Owen Cosgrove

Sin cried out, "I'm sorry!" Grace answered, "I forgive."
Wrong said, "I deserve to die." Love said, "Repent and live."
Guilt said, "I am torn inside." Truth said, "Confess and be made free."
Life said, "I am heavy laden." The Lord, "Come to me."
The weary said, "Where can I go? With evil's burdens sore?"
God said, "My child, obey My word, and live forevermore."


-Darrell

No comments:

Post a Comment